[Kde-pim] From a users point of view ....

Denny lumnis at googlemail.com
Tue Feb 21 17:21:22 GMT 2012

I could spent the whole day fixing new appearing Errors and Crashes of kde -
pim.
Is this just broken by design or why isn't there a working email client for at
least 4 years?
I thought with KDE 4.7.x we were over it and at least basic things kinda
worked stable again.
With KDE 4.8 now - nothing is working anymore, just to name a few things
annoying one one on a daily basis:
- Filters: broken
- Crashes : several per day
- email Addresses not recognised as you type
- password management : broken
- several empty windows popping up from ktimetracke at login ....

Am I supposed to create a new profile each and every time I upgrade to a new
version and scrap all my data?

Obviously, even Kontact PIM fans gave up by now. What I don't understand is
why other kde developers step up helping fixing most annoying bugs, as this
situation damages the whole kde experience.

Denny