[Kde-pim] From a users point of view ....

Martin Steigerwald Martin at lichtvoll.de
Thu Feb 23 15:10:44 GMT 2012

Hi Anders,

please do not consider it as disrespect that I only answer to the last
part and omit the rest for now. I took me quite some time to write up that
stuff and now am at a point where I do not want to spend the time to answer
today, cause I have some other things to do.

Am Donnerstag, 23. Februar 2012 schrieb Anders Lund:
> > > How about in the future, when someone takes the time to tell you
> > > about his frustrations, instead of making people feel even worse
> > > by accusing them of being stupid/bad/annoying because they react,
> > > offer a bit of empathy and a startingpoint to help?
> > >

> > > Maybe it is time to have a "how to help debugging
> > > kmail/akonadi/nepomuk" page somwhere, and linking to it when
> > > responding to unhappy users?
> >

> > I like this idea.
>
> So how do we get started? Adding a page to either userbase or techbase
> * listing known problematic areas, indicating if work are being done to
> each  area, and maybe list existing bug reports (to try to avoid more)
> * if there are any, list tasks that can be done by non-technical users
> * list possible tasks for technical users?
>
> Would that be productive?
>
> Should we start a thread for that here, getting out of this not so
> comforting  one?

Yes, I believe that would be a good idea.

Could you start a new thread from what you wrote above?

Then I add my thoughts to it. That how to help in debugging page would be
fine as well. It can start by collecting some stuff from some of the blog
entries and mailing list posts and summarizing it nicely.

Thanks,