[Kde-pim] akonadi log?

Anders Lund anders at alweb.dk
Wed Aug 29 16:34:22 BST 2012

Hi,

Is it possible to get some sort of logging from akonadi, other than
~.xsession-errors?

I have problems with my addressbooks, as follows:

* I store all my contacts in owncloud, so they can be shared between my phone
and netbook.
* I can not have groups in owncloud (not supported by carddav?), so I created
a local contacts folder resource to hold my groups
* Sometimes the groups are empty, and akonadi (represented by the group
editing dialog) claims that each contact does not exist any more. This is of
course not true, and I have to tediously readd all entries.

So I am interrested in finding out when akonadi decides to empty my groups. One
thought is that something wrong happens if I have no web connection, or have a
net connection that is protected by a web form and thus redirects to that for
any request. I have had problems before, when ALL my contacts was removed, at
that point they were in a vcf file in an online storage. Another thought is
that when both korganizer and kaddressbook disables my owncloud
calendars/addressbooks when I reboot, that might have to do with it?

In any case, there is a problem here that should be fixed somehow.

I can report a bug, if there is any interrest in that?

Anders
--
Anders