[Kde-pim] Thank you, akonadi, nepomuk, kolab and kde-pim

Del delonly at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 18:57:29 BST 2012

Just want to share my gratitude towards all developers and others who have
helped out. I have mulitple IMAP accounts, including a Kolab account with full
groupware functionality. I have used kde-pim daily for years and never lost an
appointment or a mail, no matter how bleeding edge my testing has been. Sure,
Akonadi had a rocky start, but I was not caught by surprise knowing that I
willingly participated in the first batch of users. My only regret is that I
did not have more time to help out during the transition.

I have updated my main machines to 4.8.2, and I am really impressed with how
slick and performant kde-pim has become since the rocky start last summer. In
my book it has now surpassed the old 4.4 in usefulness. Just in time for this
years new stable distributions, a fantastic achievement. I really enjoy the
many features, and see how akonadi already has enabled numerous interfaces for
kde-pim (e.g., google and exchange). I have one mail account depending on
Exchange, and really look forward to using kde-pim also for that purpose, in
which case a high performing database and a solid indexing service will come
handy.

I have longed to see a free alternative for enterprise grade groupware
functionality for a really long time. Thanks to kde-pim, we finally have a
client. It is a fantastic achievement in which I hope everybody feels proud.
We are also getting there on the server side with Kolab, another great
achievement. Unfortunately, a lot of people do not see the big picture. Please
keep up the good work, we need it so dearly.

Thank you,
Del