[Kde-pim] Filters in kmail2rc and akonadi_mailfilter_agentrc

Sven Burmeister sven.burmeister at gmx.net
Tue Apr 3 09:00:16 BST 2012

Hey everybody!

Since a few days I noticed that some filters don't work anymore. Having a look
at the filter log I found that it did not even use the rules I had set-up and
which did work before (4.8.1 compared to 4.8.1). I do not remember any KDE
update and since repos are disabled until 4.8.2 is released an update is
unlikely.

Anyway. I checked kmail2rc which contains all filter rules I had set-up. And I
checked akonadi_mailfilter_agentrc which does not.

1. Which set of rules is used?
2. Assuming it's the akonadi one, why are the filter configs left in kmail2rc?
3. Is it in any way possible that due to some issue the ones from kmail2rc
were used and suddenly, e.g. because I opened the filter settings and applied
some changes (just enabling a filter) it converted the filters and lost some
of them, now using akonadi to filter?

Sven