[Kde-pim] Mix of config and cache data

Christian Mollekopf chrigi_1 at fastmail.fm
Mon Apr 23 14:11:57 BST 2012

Hey Martin,

I don't know what exactly happended to you regarding your mail-loss, but it is
possibly because the config is NOT stored inside the db.

The problem with deleting the db is:
Every File/Folder (or Item/Collection to use tha akonadi jargon), has a unique
id within the db. If you delete the db, the new db will reuse those ids though
(but probably not for the same file/folder). Since config options applying to a
certain folder usually use this id, your config will suddenly apply to a
different folder after recreating the db.
That is why such config options should be stored in the db IMO.

As I said, I don't know if that is what happened to you, but consider it as a
possibility (as this would make your conclusion below wrong).

Cheers,
Christian