[Kde-pim] Cannot read old local email (mixedmaildir resource) - "unable to list items"

Andras Mantia amantia at kde.org
Sat Apr 14 08:11:52 BST 2012

David Faure wrote:

> I click on a local folder, then on an old local email, and I see: nothing.
>
> On stderr, kmail says:
>
> kmail2(8079) KMKernel::instanceError:  instance :
> "akonadi_mixedmaildir_resource_2"  received error : "Unable to list items"
>
> Looking at the code, this error message comes from akonadiserver, NOT from
> the resource (confusing!).
>
> Looking at the server logs, I see:
>
> Error during executing query "SELECT PimItemTable.id,
> PimItemTable.remoteId, MimeTypeTable.name, ResourceTable.name,
> PimItemTable.rev, PimItemTable.rem oteRevision, PimItemTable.size,
> PimItemTable.datetime, PimItemTable.collectionId FROM PimItemTable INNER
> JOIN MimeTypeTable ON ( PimItemTable.mimeTypeId = MimeTypeTable.id ) INNER
> JOIN CollectionTable ON ( PimItemTable.collectionId = CollectionTable.id )
> INNER JOIN ResourceTable ON ( CollectionTable.resourceId =
> ResourceTable.id ) WHERE ( ( PimItemTable.id = :0
> ) ) ORDER BY PimItemTable.id DESC" :  "MySQL server has gone away QMYSQL:
> Unable to execute query"
>
> What does this mean, it has gone away?? It's working for other resources,
> so I suppose this is rather a symptom of a mysql error?

As you are a, hm, developer, the standard questions come:
- do you have the content on the disk?
- what is in the database? Same problem if you run the query from
akonadiconsole?

OTOH:
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/gone-away.html

(and you can get many other hits with google). I never run into it, and have
not time to read them all. :)

Andras