[Kde-pim] Mix of config and cache data

Kevin Krammer krammer at kde.org
Mon Apr 23 13:11:13 BST 2012

On Monday, 2012-04-23, Martin (KDE) wrote:
> Hallo
>
> I lost many mails end of last year due to deleting akonadi DB (not
> syncing akonadi DB in my migration to a new computer). I had set up some
> expiry on some folders which were messed up after this. AFAIK there was
> a thread about this topic end of December 2011.
>
> My Question: Is this still the case that cache data and configuration
> data are mixed in the akonadi DB? Is this going to be changed in new
> versions? It is because I don't want to backup caching data and I want
> to be able to clean the cache as well.

You can configure the size threshold which is used to determine whether to
store cache information in the DB or in files.

See $XDG_CONFIG_HOME/akonadi/akonadiserverrc, variable SizeThreshold

0 should force out-of-DB cache

Please keep in mind that content that is not uploaded to the respective
storage location yet will be lost if you only backup the DB in such cases.

Cheers,
Kevin

P.S.: if $XDG_CONFIG_HOME is not set the specified default is $HOME/.config
KDE user support, developer mentoring