[Kde-pim] Cannot read old local email (mixedmaildir resource) - "unable to list items"

Andras Mantia amantia at kde.org
Thu Apr 19 16:28:54 BST 2012

David Faure wrote:

> On Saturday 14 April 2012 10:11:52 Andras Mantia wrote:
>> David Faure wrote:
>> > I click on a local folder, then on an old local email, and I see:
>> > nothing.
>> >
>> > On stderr, kmail says:
>> >
>> > kmail2(8079) KMKernel::instanceError:  instance :
>> > "akonadi_mixedmaildir_resource_2"  received error : "Unable to list
>> > items"
>> >
>> > Looking at the code, this error message comes from akonadiserver, NOT
>> > from the resource (confusing!).
>> >
>> > Looking at the server logs, I see:
>> >
>> > Error during executing query "SELECT PimItemTable.id,
>> > PimItemTable.remoteId, MimeTypeTable.name, ResourceTable.name,
>> > PimItemTable.rev, PimItemTable.rem oteRevision, PimItemTable.size,
>> > PimItemTable.datetime, PimItemTable.collectionId FROM PimItemTable
>> > INNER JOIN MimeTypeTable ON ( PimItemTable.mimeTypeId =
>> > MimeTypeTable.id ) INNER JOIN CollectionTable ON (
>> > PimItemTable.collectionId = CollectionTable.id ) INNER JOIN
>> > ResourceTable ON ( CollectionTable.resourceId = ResourceTable.id )
>> > WHERE ( ( PimItemTable.id = :0
>> > ) ) ORDER BY PimItemTable.id DESC" :  "MySQL server has gone away
>> > QMYSQL: Unable to execute query"
>> >
>> > What does this mean, it has gone away?? It's working for other
>> > resources, so I suppose this is rather a symptom of a mysql error?
>>
>> As you are a, hm, developer, the standard questions come:
>> - do you have the content on the disk?
>
> Yes, I found the local mail with grep:
> ~/Mail/sent-mail/cur/1304552594.11432.U76yj:2,S

Then the easy fix is recreating the account. ;)

>> - what is in the database? Same problem if you run the query from
>> akonadiconsole?
>
> Hmm, the question is what to use instead of ":0"...
> I used "> 0" instead of "= :0", and the query worked indeed, I got 417433
> rows of results.

Pimitemtable.id is probably the id of the item (mail). What you should do is
to find your mail in the db. Try to find it by remote it in the
pimitemtable, the remote id would be the file name.
If you have it, you have the id as well, and see what the query does in the
akonadiconsole.

Andras