[Kde-pim] Mail loss on copy - the cause

Sven Burmeister sven.burmeister at gmx.net
Thu Sep 29 08:45:08 BST 2011

Am Donnerstag, 29. September 2011, 02:29:44 schrieb Andras Mantia:
> I hope others can confirm that this is what happens and Volker can come up
> with a fix asap. :)

I experience that bug when filtering emails from the IMAP's sent folder, i.e.
the akonadi that filters never saw these because they were put there only by
the computers I use with IMAP only and no local folders. So the main machine
picks them up and filters them to some local folder.

It would also fit the other use case where I experience it, i.e. when expired
messages (14 days) are moved to the local folders from the inbox. Usually I
only read emails once to they are certainly gone from the cache and since my
internet connection is not the fastest and unstable it is very likely that
their content cannot be retrieved on time.

A big, big thanks to you debugging this! I lost quite some content because of
this but to know that the reason is found gives me a good feeling for the
future. So thanks again!

Sven