[Kde-pim] Mail loss with maildir

Andras Mantia amantia at kde.org
Fri Sep 30 06:53:10 BST 2011

Thomas McGuire wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Volker fixed the real defect today, with http://commits.kde.org/kdepim-
> runtime/f814b46a799ea8418ae17cf77d44da473124d12d.
> I'll backport that this evening and mail kde-packagers.
> The file system watchers were only triggering the bug, the real defect was
> the internal syncing code in the maildir resource not ignoring items with
> empty remote ID.

Bad news: I just experienced mail loss in trunk. POP3 was used, filter moved
the mail, the shown content is empty. There is no such mail saved at all to
disk (so in this sense this is different from the mail loss on copy bug we
just fixed), seems only the envelope is in akonadi.
Hm, actually the mail is in Inbox/new.  So it was downloaded, but not
filtered correctly. And inbox indeed shows 1 new mail that is NOT visible in
the list. I think we have reports about such case when the number of unread
mails is >0 and there is no visible unread mail in Inbox.

Andras