[Kde-pim] kontact and MS Exchange almost 100% working via OWA with davmail

Günter Lichtenberg lichten at arcor.de
Wed Sep 21 21:04:56 BST 2011

On Monday 18 Jul 2011 22:29:16 Grégory Oestreicher wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Le lundi 18 juillet 2011 20:50:20, Divan Santana a écrit :
> > Only problem I'm having is if one makes any changes in kontact to the
> > exchange calendar, it is not pushing the updates back to the exchange
> > server, ie the calendar is one way sync only it seems at the moment.
>
> Weird. CardDav is working fine but not CalDav? Do you see anything in
> DavMail logs? The resource is not that verbose unfortunately when compiled
> in release mode, and I don't have access to an Exchange server.

Hi -

although this thread is old, I'd like to add some info and my experience:
First I can confirm that the synchronisation from the OWA server works, but
that the upload of locally created events does not always work. Here is what I
found out further:

1.Upload of events that do not have a time associated (i.e. whole day event)
works, i.e. those events appear in the OWA calendar. Deleting the same event
locally also works and is reflected in the OWA calendar.

2. Trying to create an event with an associated time triggers a long error
message, the top saying "ErrorMimeContentConversionFailed". The full message
is at http://paste.kde.org/125929/

Akonadi says

AgentBase(akonadi_davgroupware_resource_2): Unable to add item: An unexpected
error (503) occurred while attempting to upload
http://<myaccount>@localhost:1080/users/<myemail>/calendar/146a813d-c4e8-4733-
a647-90caaf1aa727.ics.

The event stays in my local calendar but never appears on the OWA server.

3. As a test where the error might be, I tested using davmail and
Thunderbird/Lightning Extension. Works without problems.

So my guess is that somehow the event that is generated by the resource is not
conform either to the davmail protocol or the exchange protocol. But I am no
expert.

I use
KDE 4.7.1 from opensuse repos, akonadi-runtime is version 1.6.
Exchange Version I do not know (could check on Friday)

BTW: the kcaldav resource with kdepim 4.4.11 works also without problems
(compiled from Google repo at http://code.google.com/p/kcaldav/), maybe that
helps to find the problem.

Cheers
gl