[Kde-pim] Review Request: Add isConfiguring method to AgentBase to easily limit to one configuration dialog per agent.

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Tue Sep 13 12:11:16 BST 2011

On Tuesday, 2011-09-13, Martin Bednár wrote:
> Le Mardi 13 de septembre 2011 10:14:55 Kevin Krammer a écrit :

> > I wonder whether it would not be easier to just check this internally,
> > e.g. not call configure() if it has already been called and not
> > returned.
>
> internally? not sure what you mean here, in each agent or in
> AgentBasePrivate? Each agent implementing its own check? That's what I
> wanted to avoid :)

Right, I meant somewhere in the library code, e.g. agentbase,
agentbaseprivate, whereever.

> If you mean in AgentBasePrivate, then I haven't found a
> way to check if a reimplemented configure() has been called...

configure() has to be called from somewhere, independent of whether it has
been reimplemented or not.

> As I mentioned in the review request, I tried to find the way to implement
> it with the least work for agents, and came up with this. If you tell me
> it's the wrong way, I'll do it directly in the agent/ressource.

No, I agree bothering each individual agent/resource developer would be less
desirable.

Cheers,
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring