[Kde-pim] KDE PIM bug triage / developer sprint anyone?

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Wed Oct 19 18:02:44 BST 2011

On Wednesday, 2011-10-19, David Narvaez wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 19, 2011 at 8:09 AM, Milian Wolff <mail at milianw.de> wrote:

> > You mean this one which you missed by a few days:
> >
> > http://community.kde.org/KDE_PIM/Meetings/KMail_Stabilization_Sprint_2011
>
> That's mainly focusing on KMail, there are many issues elsewhere in KDE
> PIM.

That was the part that needed most attention. It was still a general KDE PIM
spring focusing on stabilization/fixing, meaning the list of TODO items are
created by the participants and worked on by each individual as the see fit
(depending on their individual skills, etc).

This sprint was organized on short notice usually we ask who would be
interested in participating.

> > Furthermore: I'm in a similar situation like you. I also fix bugs I
> > notice in KDEPim and usually I don't have to wait for more than a few
> > hours/days before I get a response. What channels do you use for
> > discussion? I suggest using #kontact and/or #akonadi on FreeNode irc.
> > Some pim people are usually around and very helpful. Same goes imo for
> > the Pim mailing list...
>
> Depending on the area in KDE PIM, that may or may not be true. I have
> a patch pending reviews for more than a week now (which actually tries
> to fix a regression reported by Stephan himself), two unanswered
> threads in this mailing list to start tackling sensitive* bugs in
> Akonadi and a list of open bugs that may be fixed with that work which
> has not even started yet. I went impatient and tried looking for
> guidance at #akonadi and didn't find help because, as David Faure
> mentioned, the knowledge about models is concentrated in very few
> people.

Most areas have more than one person knowledgable enough to help or at least
provide general guidance. EntityTreeModel is an exception here, even the rest
of us usually create a review request for changes in there and wait for
Stephen to check them.

Cheers,
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring