[Kde-pim] filtering

Andras Mantia amantia at kde.org
Thu Oct 27 07:17:03 BST 2011

Andreas Gungl wrote:

> BTW, a comment which is OT: Filtering is sooo slow! I hadn't started KMail
> for a week because I've been away. Filtering could work on the msg headers
> only, but it processes only ~5 messages per second. During 10 seconds,
> both Thunderbird and KMail1 were able to filter all messages with much
> less CPU load and disk activity.

As long as you have a filter that needs to access headers outside of what is
in the IMAP envelope, the mail needs to be downloaded fully. AFAIK List-Id
is outside of that.
In KDE 4.8 even though the actual filtering might not be faster at least it
will not block KMail2 as it happens in the background.

Andras