[Kde-pim] Holidays file format: a holiday renamed in 2011

Alexander Potashev aspotashev at gmail.com
Sun Nov 6 08:42:01 GMT 2011

Hi!

This year "militsiya" in Russia was renamed to police, so was the "Day
of militsiya". Now I can't decide what to do with plan1/holiday_ru_ru
and plan2/holiday_ru_ru in kdepimlibs/kholidays/holidays/. Here are
the options:
1. Simply change the name of the holiday. But then if you open a year
before 2011 in the calendar, you'll still see the new name of the
holiday.
2. The best thing to do would be, I think, to have 2 holidays: the
first should appear only for the year 2010 and before, and the second
one only for 2011 and later. But I'm afraid this behaviour of the
calendar can't be currently defined in the file "holiday_ru_ru".

I wanted to know how other translation teams deal with this, so I
grepped all holiday definition files and I've found an ":: After 2005"
line in holiday_se_sv. The people who wrote this file probably meant
that some holidays only existed before 2005 and some other holidays
appeared in 2005. But ":: " lines are just comments, so they won't
make the calendar work differently, am I wrong?

The holiday I'm talking about is currently defined in holiday_ru_ru as follows:
"День милиции"
 on november 10

--
Alexander Potashev