[Kde-pim] Broken Nepomukfeeders

Christian Mollekopf chrigi_1 at fastmail.fm
Tue May 17 01:26:52 BST 2011

Hi,

I know I'm repeating myself, but my email that the nepomukfeeders are
broken in a number of ways didn't trigger any response so far.

The current list of problems:
-All data is duplicated everytime something is updated (i.e. when a
calendar item changes)
-Initial indexing doesn't work for me at least in some feeders (still
investigating in the problem)
-The created nepomuk resource are somewhat "wrong" (differing from what
the Nepomuk::Resource api would do),
which makes it hard to reuse the resources in other applications.

I don't know where in kdepim nepomuk is already used and how exactly, and
some issues might not be exactly critical
(i.e. if the email feeder does the initial indexing there is not much of a
problem as emails are not updated/modified),
if possible I would however avoid shipping software like this.

Except for the initial indexing problem, which might as well be a local
one, those issues are quite easy to fix and I would happily do it.
But since I haven't actually committed a single line of code to kdepim so
far, and the feature freeze is in place, I'm not really sure what to do.

Volker doesn't seem to be around a lot these days, so maybe someone else
has some knowledge on the topic?

I don't think the world will burn down either if we ship them like this,

I'm just sayin'

Cheers

Chris