[Kde-pim] Re: Shared-Desktop-Ontologies 0.7.0 released

Raphael Kubo da Costa kubito at gmail.com
Sun May 15 15:21:18 BST 2011

Kevin Krammer <kevin.krammer at gmx.at> writes:

> On Saturday, 2011-05-14, Raphael Kubo da Costa wrote:
>> Does this indirectly imply that kdepim 4.4 will work only with KDE SC <
>> 4.7 (kdelibs master requires SDO 0.6.50), and the next kdepim stable
>> will only work with KDE SC >= 4.7? How about the 4.6 kdepim branch?
>
> Since this is about generated code it is unlikely that it is installed
> as a public library.  Applications built against the older version
> will have code generated by the older rcgen and thus also link against
> the older version of the library.

Sorry, I'm still confused.

For now, let me assume SDO < 0.7 should be used with KDE SC/kdepim <
4.7, which includes the soon-to-be-released kdepim 4.6.

In this case, should all packagers hold upgrading their SDO versions
until KDE SC and kdepim 4.7 are released? Otherwise, newer versions of
KDE SC/kdepim < 4.7 (including those packagers who may still delay
upgrading their kdepim version, thus holding it at 4.4 for some time)
will be built against SDO 0.7, which seems to cause problems.