[Kde-pim] Re: Kdepim coding style: indentation

Sérgio Martins iamsergio at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 14:16:53 GMT 2011

On Tue, Mar 1, 2011 at 1:46 PM, David Jarvie <djarvie at kde.org> wrote:
> I'd like to propose that the kdepim coding standard
> http://community.kde.org/KDE_PIM/Development/CodingStyle/Korganizer should
> be amended to allow indentation with either 2 or 4 spaces.

Good idea. We should move that standard to a more general page too.

To avoid
> confusion when reading code, the two indentations should not, of course,
> be mixed together. The standard should stipulate that the same indentation
> should be used throughout each source file.

I suggest the same indentation be used in the same library/application
instead of by file.
Lots of applications have individual maintainers ( kfacebook, kalarm,
ktimetracker... ) and they might not like random files with a
different indentation.

My 4 cents,
Sérgio Martins