[Kde-pim] Re: Data driven mail migration

Till Adam adam at kde.org
Wed Mar 2 08:14:55 GMT 2011

On Tuesday 01 March 2011 15:27:32 John Layt wrote:
> On Monday 28 February 2011 14:27:52 Volker Krause wrote:
> > So, we should be good to go for RC1, right? All the blockers we have
> > identified in the migration have been addressed by now I think.
>
> I've got to say, from my experience with the bugs around maildir, filtering
> and nepomuk using 2.0.89, we're close but just not ready.  IMAP may be
> working a treat, but the experience for the average pop3/maildir user is
> looking pretty broken from here, I'm about to switch back to KMail1 as I
> just can't get my work done.

I'd be interested in the top 5 bugs that keep you from doing work. I'm sure
those are addressable.

> I'm also seeing a few other weird behaviours.  Am I supposed to have 20-30
> akonadi_agent_launcher instances running?  And I now have 8
> akonadi_maildir_resource entries in my incoming accounts list that I never
> added in addition to the Local Folders maildir resource I already had.  I
> also have 6 akonadi_akonotes_resource instances running but only 1 local
> notes file, is that right?.

No, that's not right. Sounds like a bug where the migration creates one
instance per run. I believe this was fixed a few days ago. You can remove any
duplicate (same source path) maildir or notes resources.

Till