[Kde-pim] Re: Data driven mail migration

John Layt john at layt.net
Wed Mar 2 09:07:38 GMT 2011

On Wednesday 02 March 2011 07:08:56 Torgny Nyblom wrote:
> Could this be the result of one or more failed migrations before you got up
> and running? Alteast for me the failed migration attempts created the
> resources but failed to use them correctly.
>
> /Regards
> Torgny

Certainly failed migrations had caused previous problems, but I had restarted
with a completely clean system after deleting all config and cache files, so
these were added by Akonadi afterwards.

Which raises the question of whether we need to include in the launch
announcement or on the wiki somewhere advice to people who have previously
tried migrating and switched back again?  Basically  just saying to delete the
akonadi cache and settings and kmail2 config before trying again?

Cheers!

John.

(Apologies to Torgny for spamming you, my KMail1 settings are not back to
normal :-)