[Kde-pim] Re: HTML support for KMail

Torgny Nyblom kde at nyblom.org
Wed Mar 23 14:13:06 GMT 2011

On Wednesday 23 March 2011 19.09.51 Sudhendu Roy wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> If you remember me, I mailed few days back regarding the same for my GSoC
> 2011 proposal. I went through codes in "Blogilo", which uses editing in HTML
> document after importing it from web.
>
> Can we use the same concept as they have used, i.e. using KWebView and using
> java script commands to achieve required features?

I'm not the expert here, but as long as any potentional scripts that may be
embedded in the mail source is prevented from running I see no reason why it
shouldn't work.

While I haven't looked at the blogio sources I know that webkit has gained
some native options for operations that in the Qt labs editor required
javascript.

@Thomas: Do you know what component is bes suited for replacement or if an
entirely new editor from scratch would be the best / easiest solution?

/Regards
Torgny