[Kde-pim] Re: HTML support for KMail

Thomas McGuire mcguire at kde.org
Fri Mar 25 16:02:36 GMT 2011

Hi,

On Wednesday, March 23, 2011 02:13:06 PM Torgny Nyblom wrote:
> On Wednesday 23 March 2011 19.09.51 Sudhendu Roy wrote:
> > If you remember me, I mailed few days back regarding the same for my GSoC
> > 2011 proposal. I went through codes in "Blogilo", which uses editing in
> > HTML document after importing it from web.
> >
> > Can we use the same concept as they have used, i.e. using KWebView and
> > using java script commands to achieve required features?
>
> I'm not the expert here, but as long as any potentional scripts that may be
> embedded in the mail source is prevented from running I see no reason why
> it shouldn't work.
>
> While I haven't looked at the blogio sources I know that webkit has gained
> some native options for operations that in the Qt labs editor required
> javascript.
>
> @Thomas: Do you know what component is bes suited for replacement or if an
> entirely new editor from scratch would be the best / easiest solution?

Looks like we're not going to use a QTextEdit-based editor, so from the KMail
side everything needs to be replaced/rewritten.
I don't know enough about the existing solutions from Blogio or QtLabs if that
can be simply taken as a replacement or if they are not complete enough and
need more work to integrate.

Regards,
Thomas