[Kde-pim] GSoC Idea - Integrating with Nepomuk Person and Telepathy

Martin Klapetek martin.klapetek at gmail.com
Sun Mar 27 17:09:01 BST 2011

Hi,

my name is Martin Klapetek and I've been working with kde-telepathy team for
past few months. The ultimate goal of kde-telepathy team is to get Telepathy
deeply integrated into KDE.

Today we discussed some ideas and it came to my mind, that it would be great
to have Telepathy integrated with PIM. The main idea is to see the online
status of your contacts inside PIM apps like KAddressBook, Kontact, KMail
etc. and also a possibility to start a chat/video/audio call over Telepathy
(we'll be doing a pre-release of basic Telepathy components soon). With this
idea we came to talk about how it would be possible and George Goldberg of
kde-telepathy hinted, that it was a "dream" to integrate PIMO:Person into
PIM for some time. And the Person class would be just a great way for
integrating the online statuses and the rest of Telepathy stuff.

So the GSoC project would basically include integrating Nepomuk's
PIMO:Person into KDE PIM and then integrating KDE PIM with Telepathy with
the PIMO:Person approach.

What do you think about this idea? Also would someone be willing to mentor?
:)

Best regards,
Marty