[Kde-pim] Re: Data driven mail migration

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Mon Mar 7 19:01:15 GMT 2011

On Sunday, 2011-02-27, Kevin Krammer wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> just pushed the data driven mail migration to master I have been working on
> during this weekend.
>
> Tested viability by cancelling all wallet requests, migration still
> completes.
>
> Haven't tested offline case or wrong user auth info yet but that shouldn't
> make much difference.
>
> There is still the quite time consuming message import in case for making
> the old cache available as maildir, need to change that to just creating a
> maildir resource and forget about recovering flags for this backup like
> facility.

Done with this as well.
Instead of using one maildir resource per DIMAP account, the migrator is now
using one mixed maildir resource for all DIMAP accounts just like their caches
are stored on disk.

Main benefit is that this now required very little overhead, i.e. basically
just renaming the top level folders in the DIMAP cache root to account names
instead of account IDs.

Suggestions on a better name than "Previous KMail's disconnected IMAP cache"
welcome :)

The implementation for this required quite some changes in the migrator's main
code, so I recommend some more testing with other seups then my own before
tagging this as RC1.

Cheers,
Kevin
KDE user support, developer mentoring