[Kde-pim] Re: Renaming "CodingStyle/Korganizer" wiki page. ( Was: Kdepim coding style: indentation )

Christian Mollekopf chrigi_1 at fastmail.fm
Thu Mar 10 09:11:04 GMT 2011

On Thursday 10 March 2011 01:17:44 David Jarvie wrote:
> On Wednesday 09 March 2011 21:47:25 Ingo Klöcker wrote:

> > > Oups, nevermind then :)

> > Are there any other exceptions?
>
> Akregator and Kleopatra seem to use 4-space indentation. I haven't checked
> any others.
>
> > If not, then we could
> > s/KMail, KOrganizer, KNode, libkcal and libkabc/kdepimlibs, kdepim-
> > runtime and kdepim except for KAlarm/.
>
> Add KAlarm libraries.
>
> However, I don't think it's desirable to enforce 2-space indentation for
> all other modules or sub-modules, even new ones, when the majority of
> people seem to prefer 4 spaces. I would advocate allowing kdelibs style
> for new modules as an alternative.

Not that my application is part of kdepim, but if it ever would be I could
already tell you now that enforcing the kdepim condingstyle would make me
think twice before including it. So IMHO it would be an unncessary barrier for
new apps.

It's clear that a codingstyle is needed on a per application/library basis,
but I don't see why it has to be for the whole module.

I'm myself also more comfortable with the kdelibs style, but I'm not even sure
if "any" codyingstyle should be enforced for the whole kdepim module.

Such things should be left up to the devs of those apps, it should be "fun" to
write your code after all .

Cheers,

Chris