[Kde-pim] Old Akonadi Server Config

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Sat Jun 18 16:19:04 BST 2011

Hi all,

since our 4.6.0 release I keep an eye on various user channels to see which
problems come up and how the early adopters cope with them.

One rather nasty issue is ExternalPayload=false in akonadiserverrc which I
think will bite almost everyone who did not start with a new user account on a
recent release.

Effects of this setting are people not being able to copy emails between
recources (a user reports copying only copied headers), DIMAP accounts only
caching headers, etc.

Do we actually need this setting, i.e. can't we just ignore it if present?

Cheers,
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring