[Kde-pim] Handling CollectionModifyJob clashes

David Jarvie djarvie at kde.org
Mon Jun 6 13:08:39 BST 2011

Is there any way of preventing/handling clashes between simultaneous
collection updates using CollectionModifyJob? I've found that a resource
and an application can both update a collection simultaneously, leading to
data loss (one of the updates is overwritten by the other). This could
equally happen with updates by two separate applications.

I've managed to overcome a particular issue in KAlarm by splitting an
attribute class into two different attribute classes, one which is only
changed by the resource, and the other which is only changed by the
application. But this is really only a short term solution given that the
number of plasmoids and other applications which access the same Akonadi
data is likely to expand and make such clashes more likely.

--
David Jarvie.
KDE developer.