[Kde-pim] Re: Akonadi resource: How to update item if backend data changed

Tobias König tokoe at kde.org
Sun Jun 12 12:04:21 BST 2011

On Wednesday 08 June 2011 22:08:46 rgruber at users.sourceforge.net wrote:
> Grégory Oestreicher wrote:
Hej Robert,

> thanks for the info. I took a look at the davgroupwareresource.cpp and found
> out that you seam to do more or less the same as I tried. Somehow
> retrieveItem() does not get called in my case.
Well, the retrieveItem() method of the resource is only called if an client
application tries to access the item next time after clearPayload() had been
called by the resource. Otherwise the request of the client application would
be responded with the cached value from the Akonadi storage.
So using clearPayload() won't inform other client application that the payload
has been changed. For that you have to use ItemModifyJob instead as suggested
by Kevin.

Ciao,
Tobias