[Kde-pim] Re: Akonadi resource: How to update item if backend data changed

rgruber at users.sourceforge.net rgruber at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Jun 9 18:37:59 BST 2011

Kevin Krammer wrote:
> Like the remote ID this is a property over which a
> resource has full and exclusive control, so it doesn't
> have to have any meaning outside of your resource,
> Akonadi will simply check for string difference

With your input I finally managed to get it to work!
Inside of retrieveItems() I create new items with a remoteRevision of "1" now. And I increase the remoteRevision everytime I notice a change in the backend.
Together with a call of clearPayload() Akonadi now calls the retrieveItem() method for my changed items.

Thank you so much!