[Kde-pim] Re: Merging Work from Prior SoCs

Ryan Rix ry at n.rix.si
Tue Jul 12 23:10:12 BST 2011

On Tue 12 July 2011 23:20:43 you wrote:
> As the soc branch cannot be merged easily, I have extracted two of the
> previous GSOC from the work/soc-pim branch.
>
> There is now a gsoc_kontact (SOC from Ryan Rix ) and gsoc_pimimport (SOC
> from Maciek Zarzycki) branch.
>
> the gsoc_kontact branch needs some build fixes before it can be merged into
> master. Ryan ? :-)

That branch isnt ready for merge. Its been on my TODO list for months, but
it's just not there, and work and $real_life is currently keeping me from
doing much KDE development. At some point, I'd like to rewrite my applets
using QML, but I've been having some issues getting over that initial hump of
learning how plasma and QML play together. But right now, I'm not sure when
that can happen, and do NOT recommend putting that branch in to master yet. :)

If I have the chance, I will scope out the minimal amount of work needed to
get that ready and comfortable for a master merge, and either make that
happen, or recruit someone with more time than myself to make it happen.

> Christophe

Ryan Rix -- http://rix.si
== OpenSource.com: Where Open Source Happens! ==
   _
 \/"/_ All Hail the Beefy Miracle!
 /_/
 \ \