[Kde-pim] Re: Merging Work from Prior SoCs

Christophe Giboudeaux cgiboudeaux at gmx.com
Tue Jul 12 22:20:43 BST 2011

Hi,

On Sunday 03 July 2011 16:37:52 Allen Winter wrote:
> Howdy,
>
> If you have or know about SoC branches from prior years please consider
> merging them into master at this time.
>
> I can recall Ryan Rix did some work on the Kontact summary, for example.
>
> We don't want this work to go to waste.
>
> Obviously, we need all this prior work to compile and do good things;
> ie, please don't commit experimental stuff.
>
> Do commit features that are done or close to done and just need polishing.
> Keep experimental work in a branch.

As the soc branch cannot be merged easily, I have extracted two of the
previous GSOC from the work/soc-pim branch.

There is now a gsoc_kontact (SOC from Ryan Rix ) and gsoc_pimimport (SOC from
Maciek Zarzycki) branch.

the gsoc_kontact branch needs some build fixes before it can be merged into
master. Ryan ? :-)

Pimimport can be merged immediately I think.

During the next few days, I'll extract the krss and Akregator commits from the
akonadi-ports branch. We'll then be able to delete this branch.

A few comments:

- the Grantlee theming gsoc can hardly be merged and is not usable in its
current state according to Stephen.

- the 'soc' branch seems to have two different SOC, one from Constantin, the
other one from Szymon. What is the status of these projects ?

- there's a soc-pim branch in kdepim-runtime but no SOC commits. Shall it be
deleted ?

Christophe