[Kde-pim] no local folders and filterings aren't being applied on inbound mail

Geoff Nordli geoffn at gnaa.net
Sat Jul 23 19:15:14 BST 2011

Braving a new world and making the switch from Outlook.

Currently running Kontact 4.6.0 on Ubuntu 11.04 from the ppa:kubuntu-
ppa/experimental repository.

I have a couple of bumps in the road to get over.

The biggest thing is automatic inbound filtering doesn't seem to be working.
All email goes into the folder I have assigned for the account.  The filtering
does work, if I manually apply the filters to that folder.

I am not sure if this is normal, but in the Kmail Account settings, it shows
"Local Folders" as "No usable storage location configured.".  Right now the way
I have it configured, it am using the Local Folders to store email from two
different accounts.

I was playing around with the older version of Kontact (4.4 I think) before I
made the jump.  After the installation, it did a migration, which needed some
help to get through.  I needed to create a "note" so it could find one to
migrate.  As well, I needed to manually delete the Kolab resource.  I still
think there could be some lingering issues around migration.

When I run akonadiconsole I see several "notes" agents.  These come back even
I delete them.  why are there so many?

thanks,

Geoff