[Kde-pim] Re: mixedmaildir akonadi resource

laurent Montel montel at kde.org
Fri Jul 22 09:04:09 BST 2011

Le Friday 22 July 2011 08:54:00 Volker Krause a écrit :
> On Thursday 21 July 2011 10:32:42 laurent Montel wrote:
> > Hi,
> > Yesterday I decide to move all my emails from mixedmaildir (created when I
> > migrated my emails from kmail1) to maildir directly.
> >
> > Not really easy because:
> > -> when we create a new folder and just dnd emails in new folder, it copys
> > just header from email => a big bug here. Don't know why
> >
> > And other bug when I dnd a folder directly from mixed to maildir resouces
it
> > doesn't copy mails.... not good too. I don't know why.
>
> Does this only happen with mixedmaildir as the source? I do these kind of
> operations all the time on IMAP, without any problems.

No I have pb when I create a new folder (in maildir) and try to dnd all emails
from a mailbox for example.
So after first try I have just header. I remove them, and retry and it's ok
after that I have all emails.

I think that it's a pb when we create a folder, perhaps there is some bugs.

For dnd folder I tried with mixed ressources.

> > So after that I created a maildir resource and use path from my email (
> > ~/Mail), and after that I can really use KMail2.
> >
> > I think that mixedmaildir is not optimized :(
> > It takes a lot of cpu when we access to folder.
>
> Yes, maildir some time ago got considerable optimizations, enabling real
> incremental folder syncing, which made a huge difference here, even on
smaller
> folders. We probably want to integrate that into mixedmaildir as well.

It will good