[Kde-pim] Release the new PIM with old KMail

Sérgio Martins iamsergio at gmail.com
Tue Jan 25 17:24:04 GMT 2011

Hi all,

While KMail is not ready, should we release a pim version with the new
KJots, KAlarm, KOrganizer and KAddressbook?

I think a phased release would be good because:

* If we release the whole pim in one big drop, we won't have the man
power to deal with the avalanche of bug reports or people asking for
help.

* We get to fix the first batch of small issues, so, when we release
kmail, we can focus on kmail only.

* These applications are mostly stable ( didn't try KAlarm though )

* KOrg and KABC are better than they were in 4.4.

* We reduce community anxiety

* If we don't start pushing it out of the door it will never be released

Cheers,
Sérgio