[Kde-pim] Hungarian holidays && issues with holiday parsing and the calendar display

Szokovacs Robert szo at szo.hu
Mon Jan 31 14:52:21 GMT 2011

Hi,

Attached is an updated and extended version of the holidays file for Hungary
(plan2 directory - I guess thats the current one), please consider it for
inclusion!

While I was creating this file, I noticed the following issues:

a, of the following two:

"Nagypéntek"                            on friday before easter
"Nagypéntek"                            on easter minus 3

only the second one works (Nagypéntek is Good Friday), I'm not sure if the
first should work, but if it did, I would've used it :)

b, If a line is syntactically incorrect (for example the one with "before
easter", the subsequent lines are ignored - I think this is a bug.

c, The calender viewed from the digital clock applet marks the current day. If
the day of the month is 29th, 30th or 31th, and we switch the month to
february, the "current day" mark marks the last day of the month (=28th),
which is good, but if we switch the month yet again, it will stay at 28th,
which is a bug. The same thing happens if the current day is 31th and we
switch to a month with 30 days. If we switch back to the current month, now
there is two "current day" marks.

d, Regarding the semantics of the "before" in the holiday file:
"Advent negyedik vasárnapja"            on sunday before december 24
(forth sunday of advent)
it seems that the before means "before or that day", which wasn't intuitive
for me (I put 25th there at first and then saw that this years december 25th
is sunday and it was marked as advent and christmas too)
[A quick grep shows an agreement in the position of advent in the different
contries, except for iceland - so probably iceland's file is buggy currently]

e, The term "weekend" is used to mark the day-off-work holidays, the calender
viewed from the digital clock applet displays them correctly, but the calendar
view in kontact or the korganizer threats them always as a two days long
holiday.

br

Szo