[Kde-pim] Re: GSOC proposal - Alternative calendar systems

John Layt johnlayt at googlemail.com
Fri Feb 11 12:25:45 GMT 2011

On Friday 11 February 2011 09:20:26 Thomas McGuire wrote:
> I like the idea, it is quite important to have different calendar systems
> working so that KDEPIM works in those cultures.

Yep, there's only about 4 billion possible users ;-)

> As for the partial birthdays, I fully support that, as I'm working(*) on a
> Facebook resource, and from the API you quite often get partial birthdays
> only, depending on the privacy settings. From discussions with Tobias it
> looks like quite some work is needed to this properly, and not as a quick
> hack.

Doing it properly would probably require changes to the VCARD standard, but I
was hoping we could do a quickish hack using something like
X-KDE-BIRTHDAY=XXXX-05-01.  Well, I'll keep it as an optional item if we have
time.

> I can't help much with KOrganizer/KAddressBook myself.

No worries, Sergio has already offered help on KOrganizer so we're good to go.

Cheers!

John.