[Kde-pim] Re: Hungarian holidays && issues with holiday parsing and the calendar display

Szokovacs Robert szo at szo.hu
Tue Feb 1 13:37:57 GMT 2011

On 2011 January 31, Monday 20:21:40 John Layt wrote:
> On Monday 31 January 2011 14:52:21 Szokovacs Robert wrote:

Hi,

> > Attached is an updated and extended version of the holidays file for
> > Hungary (plan2 directory - I guess thats the current one), please
> > consider it for inclusion!
>
> Many thanks, I'll update that once I have a working Git check-out.  Could I
> just ask that you open a wish in bugs.kde.org under kdepimlibs/kholidays
> and attach the file so I don't lose track of it?

Sure

> > While I was creating this file, I noticed the following issues:
> >
> > a, of the following two:
> >
> > "Nagypéntek"                            on friday before easter
> > "Nagypéntek"                            on easter minus 3
> >
> > only the second one works (Nagypéntek is Good Friday), I'm not sure if
> > the first should work, but if it did, I would've used it :)
>
> The plan grammer is really obtuse at times and makes my head hurt, which is
> why I'm planning to replace it soon.  Perhaps try:
>
> "Nagypéntek"                              on friday before ([easter])

Thanks, its working!

> > b, If a line is syntactically incorrect (for example the one with "before
> > easter", the subsequent lines are ignored - I think this is a bug.
>
> Unfortunately I can't do much about that, the parser reads and validates
> and evaluates the file as a whole in a single pass and stops when it
> reaches the first error.  I could implement a less efficient line-by-line
> multi-pass mode, but I won't as any file we distribute must be tested
> first so won't have errors, and I'd rather spend the time implementing a
> new format and parser. If the parser finds an error then the api shouldn't
> return any holidays to the client app, let me know if it does as that
> would be a bug.

No, it bails at the first error.

> > c, The calender viewed from the digital clock applet marks the current
> > day. If the day of the month is 29th, 30th or 31th, and we switch the
[...]
> that would be a 50:50 design call.  Please raise a bug in b.k.o against
> plasma/widget-clock so we can think about it.

OK

[...]
> I'll fix the Iceland file for Advent.

thanks :)

http://szo.hu/calendar-bug.png

> Do you mean any "weekend" rule without a "duration" clause is
> showing up in korganizer as 2 days rather than 1?

Yes. Even worse, all marked days seem to be marked as a two day holiday

> If so, what version of
> korganizer and kdepimlibs is this with?

KDE Development Platform: 4.6.00 (4.6.0)
KOrganizer: 4.4.9
libkdepim4  4:4.4.9-0ubuntu1~maverick2~ppa1

All from kubuntu current + ppa kde4 current

br

Szo