[Kde-pim] Re: Cannot send email

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Wed Feb 23 16:35:26 GMT 2011

On Tuesday, February 22, 2011 16:14:19 John Aldrich wrote:
> Something odd is going on with my KMail today... for some reason I can
> read email just fine, but every time I go to send an email, it locks
> up KMail. I'm baffled... it's always "just worked" for me in the past.
>
> Any idea what might be causing the problem? KMail version 1.13.6 on
> KDE 4.5.5, Fedora 13.
>
> When I say it "locks up" I mean, I can click all day and NOTHING
> happens... it doesn't do a darn thing as best I can tell. And I can
> receive emails all day long, but nothing will send today.

For the KMail developers, it's probably the most helpful if you install
debugging versions of your packages and attach gdb to your kmail while it
hangs, then generate a backtrace and attach it to your next email.

That way, people would know where exactly it's "hanging", KMail is pretty big,
too big to guess that kind of things reliably ;)

sebas