[Kde-pim] Re: KDEPIM4.6 Beta5?

Joost Roeleveld joost at antarean.org
Thu Feb 17 13:44:38 GMT 2011

On Wednesday 16 February 2011 16:20:09 Marc Deop wrote:
> On Wednesday 16 February 2011 13:45:20 Allen Winter wrote:
> > I'd really like some feedback on this else I feel like I'm wasting my
> > time.
> >
> > good idea? bad idea? don't bother?  wait for the kdepim meeting? ??
>
> I've been running the beta4 at home for some time and I haven't had a single
> crash. Imap even works after suspending/resuming the computer without
> hanging which really surprised me.
>
> There are still a few problems like the default identity while replying or
> some html things (although I really dislike html on emails).
>
> Kdepim is getting really solid, thanks for your outstanding work guys :)

I agree on this.
No need for suspend/resume myself though.

Been using Kontact for a few weeks now and the only "issue" I experienced was
resolved by changing another product. (Yes, issue was in other product)

I only notice slow-downs (short freezes) when akonadi is synching/checking for
new email on IMAP.
Not sure why, but I do have a fairly large IMAP-account locally and that could
be causing it. Or that it tries to access GMails IMAP.

Apart from that, it all looks rock-solid to me.

--
Joost