[Kde-pim] Source incompatible change :(

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Fri Dec 9 21:29:46 GMT 2011

On Friday, 2011-12-09, David Faure wrote:
> On Friday 09 December 2011 19:00:34 =?ISO-8859-1?Q?S=E9rgio?= Martins wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Commit  2eb3de21a61b4816770ae9bdd38b07d799b60337 in kdepimlibs seems to
> > be ABI and source incompatible.
>
> Aww, crap, why do we have ABI requirements for libs that are only used by
> kdepim?

There is no way of telling if something is only used by kdepim if it is not in
kdepim.
In this particual case it is part of libakonadi-kde which is almost certainly
used in other places.

> So, should I revert and keep kmail slow for theoretical 3rd-party apps, or
> is there a good reason for the BIC/SIC requirements?

Same as for kdelibs, i.e. part of the platform.
We keep libs for which we don't want or can't keep strict compatibility
requirements inside the same module as the app.

Cheers,
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring