[Kde-pim] Seeking advice on building custom version of kmail

turtle at think-electric.com turtle at think-electric.com
Thu Dec 1 17:51:56 GMT 2011

> turtle at think-electric.com wrote:
>
>> Greetings I am interested in building a light weight version of kmail
>> without depending on any strigi nepomuk code.
>> I just started browsing the source.
>> Not looking to duplicate efforts here has anyone done this before?
>> Any tips on files to start in?
>> Are there any compile time options / recommendations to make a mini
>> kmail
>> ? Thanks in advance.
>
> For the kdepim cmake file:
>
> option(KDEPIM_NO_NEPOMUK "Build the mail libraries and applications
> without
> nepomuk dependency" FALSE)
>
> Same for kdepim-runtime.
>
> Andras

Thanks for the reply, I had been reading stuff for hours.
Is there a similar option for Strigi that I am not seeing?

I found a patch here that adds a similar option:
http://build.meego.com/package/view_file?file=kdelibs-strigi-optional.patch&package=kde-mobile&project=Trunk&srcmd5=048a94b8ce68fe2b8f4bb29e3edfe132#
I am currently playing with adding this patch.

Will removing the Strigi indexing break any core functions in kmail -
kontact?
Thank you again!