[Kde-pim] Seeking advice on building custom version of kmail

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Mon Dec 5 19:47:51 GMT 2011

On Thursday 01 December 2011, Milian Wolff wrote:

> > > For the kdepim cmake file:
> > >
> > > option(KDEPIM_NO_NEPOMUK "Build the mail libraries and
> > > applications without
> > > nepomuk dependency" FALSE)
> > >
> > > Same for kdepim-runtime.
> >
> > Thanks for the reply, I had been reading stuff for hours.
> > Is there a similar option for Strigi that I am not seeing?
> >
> > I found a patch here that adds a similar option:
> > http://build.meego.com/package/view_file?file=kdelibs-strigi-option
> > al.patch&
> > package=kde-mobile&project=Trunk&srcmd5=048a94b8ce68fe2b8f4bb29e3e
> > dfe132# I am currently playing with adding this patch.
> >
> > Will removing the Strigi indexing break any core functions in kmail
> > - kontact?
>
> Removing nepomuk alone will already break a lot of things, like e.g.
> searching or contact-autocompletion in the "to/cc/bcc/..." line
> edits afaik.

I suggest that you look into using KMail from the 4.4 branch instead of
trying to use any version of KMail2 without strigi or nepomuk because
KMail from 4.4 is (almost) fully functional without strigi or nepomuk.
All you will miss is distribution lists.

Alternatively, use KMail 1.13.6 from KDE 3.

Regards,
Ingo