[Kde-pim] Akonadi activesync support?

Del delonly at gmail.com
Tue Aug 9 18:55:16 BST 2011

On Tuesday, August 09, 2011 03:33:20 PM Kevin Krammer wrote:
> On Monday, 2011-08-08, Del wrote:
> > Finally, open code for client side activesync is surfacing. It has been
> > implemented for syncevolution:
> > http://lists.syncevolution.org/pipermail/syncevolution/2011-June/002405.h
> > tml
>
> One of the next versions of SyncEvolution will actually ship with an
> Akonadi backend and one of our Google Summer of Code students is working
> on the UI parts for that.
>
> Cheers,
> Kevin

Sounds very interesting! I am still a bit in the dark as to what that entails.
Do you have any pointers to some additional information? In particular, does
it imply that akonadi will be able to sync groupware data from an Exchange
server (i.e., that anything syncevolution syncs akonadi will tap into and sync
too)?

Thanks,
Del