[Kde-pim] SMTP Password and KWallet

Lindsay Mathieson lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com
Tue Aug 23 07:49:38 BST 2011

Not looking for support :) Had the problem with  trying to save the SMTP
password and getting the dreaded "kwallet is not available" message, but
managed to fix it, seeing as I haven't seen any solutions online thought I'd
relate it here, perhaps it could be useful for the devs?

basically:
- Closed Kmail2
- Opened the KDE Wallet Configuration Module
  Kmail and Kontact were listed as "Always Allow"
- Deleted KMail and Kontact from the application list (possibly only needed to
delete kmail)
- Started KMail2
- Set the SMTP password . Answered yes to the "Kwallet" dialog and it saved
with no errors
- Emails have been sending fine.

KMail2, Google via dIMap.
--