[Kde-pim] SMTP Password and KWallet

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Tue Aug 23 10:38:08 BST 2011

On Tuesday 23 Aug 2011 07:49:38 Lindsay Mathieson wrote:
> Not looking for support :) Had the problem with  trying to save the SMTP
> password and getting the dreaded "kwallet is not available" message, but
> managed to fix it, seeing as I haven't seen any solutions online thought
>  I'd relate it here, perhaps it could be useful for the devs?
>

> basically:
> - Closed Kmail2
> - Opened the KDE Wallet Configuration Module
>   Kmail and Kontact were listed as "Always Allow"
> - Deleted KMail and Kontact from the application list (possibly only needed
>  to delete kmail)
> - Started KMail2
> - Set the SMTP password . Answered yes to the "Kwallet" dialog and it saved
> with no errors
> - Emails have been sending fine.
>
> KMail2, Google via dIMap.

You have just saved my sanity!  I'm running CentOS 6 on my mail server, and
that has KMail 1.12.4, so you may be surprised that I hit the same problem.  I
did exactly as you detail here, and now, at last, my mail is going out as
intended!

I guess it could be worth putting this into
http://userbase.kde.org/KMail/FAQs_Hints_and_Tips

Anne