[Kde-pim] Akonadi activesync support?

Del delonly at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 19:37:53 BST 2011

On Thursday, August 11, 2011 07:42:53 PM Dinesh wrote:
> Currently The Syncevolution GUI for KDE basically comprises of a KCM(
> which even appears in the SystemSettings ) To Configure various
> accounts and devices, A Bluedevil Plugin (to pair up with the new
> syncml capable phones), A System Tray Application (To Quickly Start
> and Stop Syncs if needed and to notify about the newly added devices).

Great! The layout of the kcm looks fine too. If I dare make a suggestion,
consider dropping the vertical tabs. I may miss something, but naively I would
guess tick boxes for including syncing of memos, tasks and events are
sufficient. When ticked, the tick-boxes can expose specific settings options
for each type. Sorry if I am mistaken and indeed numerous configuration
options are sensible for the additional types independently of contacts.

A little typo in the gui, "a Addressbook" should be "an Addressbook".

> Here is how the KCM currently looks (and works),
> http://i.imgur.com/yjWh0.png

In the server entry there are only phones. Do you know if using a groupware
server like Kolab or Egroupware will work, i.e., using Kontact/Akonadi as a
SyncML client for a SyncML server?

> When the Project started, we hadn't considered how the ActiveSync
> Plugin so the GSoC part is for SyncML peers only.
> But I hope to keep the GUI same even for the ActiveSync part... (this
> could be a bit tricky to implement though) Will post more updates once
> I get my hands on the activesync backend :)

Keep us updated.

Thanks,
Del