[Kde-pim] Main problem in kmail2

Andras Mantia amantia at kde.org
Mon Aug 8 07:38:41 BST 2011

laurent Montel wrote:

> -> mixedmaildir resource, we must to improve it, for the moment it takes a
> lot of memory and in my test I change all to maildir directly otherwise
> kmail was not usefull.

I had just as many issues with maildir as with mixedmaildir (slow,
unresponsive, needs restarts, etc.). Both have a very important bug: they
create non standard compliant files and fail to take into account the mail
flags encoded in the filename. This means both initial import and
synchornizing two maildir directories on two computers painful as you always
end up with a lot of unread mails.

Andras