[Kde-pim] Gmail IMAP extensions

Volker Krause vkrause at kde.org
Thu Aug 25 07:55:31 BST 2011

On Tuesday 23 August 2011 18:32:56 Gregory Schlomoff wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> Gmail recently released a couple of proprietary IMAP extensions that
> make it way way easier to manage gmail-specific features such as
> threads and labels:
>
> http://code.google.com/apis/gmail/imap/
>
> Though I understand that KMail is a supposed to be a generic email
> client, I was wondering if you guys would welcome a couple patches to
> add support for those extensions in KIMAP? (Of course, that would
> suppose not breaking BC)
>
> I'm going to need them anyways for BetterInbox, so just let me know if
> you think it could be a valuable addition for KIMAP

definitely. Obviously, we want KIMAP to work with all IMAP servers, but that
doesn't mean we cannot have support for vendor-specfic extensions. Right now
we support IMAP extensions that are pretty much only relevant for Kolab
servers, so I don't see a problem with supporting extensions of smaller
vendors as well ;-)

regards
Volker