[Kde-pim] kmail network-awareness patch

Martin Bednár serafean at gmail.com
Sat Aug 20 18:01:34 BST 2011

Le Samedi 20 d'août 2011 18:40:49 Guy Maurel a écrit :
> Hello Martin!
>
> On Saturday, August 20, 2011 11:59:08 AM Martin Bednár wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I played around with some kmail code to make it a bit more
> > networkstatus-aware (via solid) than it was. I'm not sure it's really
> > needed functionality-wise, but my ultimate goal being a
> > connected/disconnected icon in the status bar, I think these changes
> > are useful.
> >
> > Also, what's your view on merging setAccountOnline() and
> > setAccountOffline()
> It is fine to see other people working on the same problem some month after.
> I which you should take a look to my proposals about the
>   bug 77862,  kio_imap process doesn't hang anymore
> (last mails on uly 2010)

I will take a look at those patches...

> Your solution is fine, but I mean it is not enought if you don't take care
> of the kio_imap process, which still runs until the default time-out of 600
> seconds. As a change on the network is detected, we need to kill this
> process.

I believe kio_imap is dead : my patches apply to trunk (4.8), which contains
an Akonadified Kmail. I have no idea how timeouts are handled in Akonadi, but I
suppose that the Akonadi::AgentInstance::setIsOnline() function does just that
: sets the agent offline/online, IOW disconnect/reconnect to remote host.
Could anyone who sees into it confirm, please?

Martin